Monday, December 30, 2013

Choi

Yes, I'm teaching AGAIN... I don't know if i'm just really pushing it through for the sake of another income or is just because I learned to love it. I was thinking that teaching was one easy job but as I'm cruising it, it's the opposite.
I have this free teaching to my student. I am her speaking class teacher (i don't speak well myself) and i have this free teaching. Honestly, I don't usually prepare a lesson for her and confident not to because of the wifi connection and her gadgets and with Google.com of course.
However, there were quite a few times that I messed up myself and the lessons, really. Quite a few times that I was very sure of my answers to her questions but she wasn't. So, she looked it up and found the answers to her questions. I've learned from her instead. Pity! It's a big shame.


This is a sample lesson that I messed up.

Two-syllable words:
ED = If the stress is on the first syllable, the word only gets one consonant + ED.
ING = If the stress is on the first syllable, the word only gets one consonant + ING.

Examples:

·  visit and visited, open and opened
·  happen and happening, enter and entering
ED = If the stress is on the second syllable, the word gets a double consonant + ED.
ING = If the stress is on the second syllable, the word gets a double consonant + ING.

Examples:

·  refer & referred, admit & admitted
·  begin & beginning, permit & permitting


So, I’ve been using these words and just realized that the stress on a syllable matters.




 created on 6th of 10, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

google search

Custom Search